Submitted by Teo Graca
| RSS Feed
| Add Comment
| Bookmark Me!
When it comes to spiritual healers, I have always liked Deepak Chopra. He has a great sense of humor, is very knowledgeable and I quote him frequently. In this video, he covers the spirit and healing, and specifically, how the spirit affects healing.
In his book "The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life," Deepak Chopra discusses the idea that all the wisdom and guidance we need for the arduous journey of life is already present within. All we have to do is tap into this reservoir of truth.
A few of the principles include:
- Your awareness is always open to change
- You feel acceptance for all others as your equal
- You feel a sense of connection with your source
- Your being is cradled in the rhythms of the universe
One of the problems with spiritual seekers is that they travel far and wide when everything they need is at hand. He outlines a few pitfalls of seekers: their need to know where they are going, their struggle to get there, using someone else's map, working to improve yourself, setting a timetable, and waiting for a miracle. Deepak Chopra challenges readers to stay open to mystery and to other emergent spiritual properties such as reverence for life, fearlessness, non-attachment, and wholeness.
Deepak Chopra also reveals the 15 secrets of life, some of which include:
- Freedom tames the mind
- Every life is spiritual
- You live in multiple dimensions
- There is no time but now
- Evil is not your enemy*
*This last one will not sit well with those who have separated themselves from others and divided the world into an "us" versus "them" battle. Deepak Chopra makes some valid points about the importance light and shadow, or good and evil.
- Concentrate today on the gifts in your life
- Focus on what is working instead of what isn’t
- Receive with grace the remarkable gift of awareness
- Notice how your own level of awareness makes you perceive the world you am co-creating
There are also thought-provoking sections of the spiritual practices of surrender, being present, and being patient.
Deepak Chopra has written many books, but this is one of my favorites.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from Chopra:
- I am not in the world. The world is in me.
- Instead of thinking outside the box, get rid of the box.
- Your entire universe is in your mind and nowhere else. To expand the universe, expand your mind.
- See the world as if for the first time; see it through the eyes of a child, and you will suddenly find that you are free.
- That silent gap between your thoughts is your window to the cosmic mind.
- Finding the hidden dimensions in yourself is the only way to fulfill your deepest hunger**
**from "The Book of Secrets"